Monday, September 27, 2010

Kazan's Sketch 62



Kazan used the sweet little water can & sentiment from Flowers A bunch Stickerz set

This week I challenged the 2S4Y Design Team to get a little creative with their cardmaking skills and work in some sort of decorative edge on their sample card.  The tools we have available to us to jazz up our cards are so varied and I bet many of you have a variety within arms reach on your craft table.  Idea's that come to mind to create a schmancy edge are decorative scissors, border punches, die templates, pre-cut templates etc and if all else fails - trace your own design and trim by hand.  I think the team did an outstanding job using the most adorable images from this week's sponsor: E.A.D. Designs

Angie Tieman


Angie used the adorable Asian Flair Stickerz on her card

Courtney Baker


Courtney's card has the darling little Wolf & sentiment from the Little Red Stickerz set

Kelly Marie Alvarez


Whoot whoot!  Kelly used the cute owl from the Out on a Limb Stickerz set

Regina Mangum


Regina created this mini work of art using the Wizard of Oz Stickerz set

Rosemarie Diehl


Rosemarie makes these adorable robots, from Robot Buddies Stickerz, even cuter on her card
Stacey Schafer



Stacey created pure elegance with the Wedding Bliss Stickerz on her card

Sponsor of the Week



EAD Designs is a family owned and operated business based in Brigham City, Utah. The “EAD” stands for “Emily, Alex, and Dean” the Nelson Family! EAD opened in 2002 and in a few short years has grown into one of the largest retailers/wholesalers for Vinyl Lettering and Wall Art. They launched a new scrapbooking rub-on line in 2009, and you can’t imagine how great these are to work with. Vinyl Rub On’s don’t break or rub off, giving you a clean image, every time. Rub On’s can be ordered in a choice of 42 colors giving you endless possibilities.


In May of this year they launched their most innovative paper crafting product yet, VINYL STICKERZ. These stickers are in the most current designs, and are, get ready for this, REPOSITIONABLE!!  With their clear background, these Stickerz have the look of a stamp and at a fraction of the cost!! Stickerz are available in a large variety of designs, with more being added all the time. They can be ordered in color or black and white (to be colored in with markers of choice), on a clear background or white. The choices are endless!

*Weekly Steal*
New steal every Friday
 Limited Quantities
Save 50% off retail prices.

Weekly Steal 9/24

$30.00 

Sale: $15.00
Save: 50% off

Elephant Friends

Size:Elephant 15:x20" Snail: 4x4.4


Weekly Steals are only available until next weeks steal
 and then they are
GONE FOREVER.



Card of the Week Winner
E.A.D Designs is offering this week's COTW winner a $20 Gift Certificate to their store
Contest Entry Details:
  • Please provide a link to your card by posting it on this thread using Mr. Linky
  • Deadline for all entries: Saturday October 2nd at Midnight (US Mountain time)
  • Your card should be based off the sketch provided and can be of any theme. You may enter as many times as you like.
  • The winning card will be announced as the Card of the Week on Sunday, October 3rd here at 2 Sketches 4 You.
  • International Card makers are welcome to enter
Okay now that we have you all fired up with inspiration and ideas, lets see those cards.
Hugs Kazan & your edgy DT Team

36 comments:

designbydonna said...

What a fun challenge. I like your "thinking outside the box"

TesaB said...

Super fun sketch and goooorgeous DT work! As always!!!

Majka Moller said...

great sketch :)it's a real challenge :)

Kerrianne said...

Such a fun sketch - you ladies always inspire me :) Thanks!!

Amy Kolling said...

I posted a card today using a decorative edge....fits your sketch great! Thanks for the great challenge!

Christy said...

This is my first challenge.

Romaine said...

These are all beautiful!!! I will have to "sit on it" for a bit and see if I am able to partake! ;0) Great challenge for an "in the box" kinda gal like me! :0)

kasia c. said...

This is my first time trying one of your sketches! It was a great one to start with, thanks. :)

Laurel Beard said...

So fun! Thanks!

Jenn said...

opps, I forgot to add DT after I added my link...but I think you can figure it out! Thanks for an amazing sketch!

Unknown said...

Wonderful sketch, Kazan! It was fun to make a shaped card for once-thanks for the inspiration!!! :)

Leah l'Orange said...

had to turn the sketch to make it work, and i added an element, but i LOVED the sketch for inspiration! i love all the variety in the samples from the DT - so inspiring!

Emily said...

I really liked this sketch...thanks for helping me think of something new!

Radha said...

Laura + Kazan!!!
I always adore these sketches, and DT-team thank u somuch for keeping this great work UP!!!
{ ( ) }

Mrs. Nancy G said...

So much fun! I love your sketches!
:-)

Kristy Smith said...

What a fabulous sketch! I had fun playing around with borders! Thanks for the challenge!

Kelly said...

What a unique sketch. Thanks!!

Heather Rogers said...

Great sketch this week. Thanks :)

Renée said...

thanks for another fab sketch! the DT's work is fabulous!!

1LuvnMama said...

What a fun challenge and great sketch! :)

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Hey There :) Great sketch!!

Kim Sonksen said...

Love the sketch and the DT examples.As always, my card totally did not turn out like the sketch but it gave me inspiration nevertheless

pia u said...

ok to tired tonight cant even link right so i linked to sketch 61 also with this one so sorry.. dont know how to delete
anyways thank you for an inspiring sketch and wondeful inspiration

Anita said...

I placed my card and loved the sketch to work with.

xx Anita

Ann Kristin said...

This was a nice sketch. I made a father's days card (coming up in Norway).

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

FUN sketch! It made me step out of my comfort zone, and make something else than a square or rectangle :)

Radha said...

K & L
Hope all is well with.
Love the inspirations!

did u all see my card???
http://pearltouch.blogspot.com/2010/09/2s4ukazan62-thank-you.html

Brandi said...

This was a fun one! Thanks girls!

Jen Carter said...

This was such a fun sketch!! Thanks for letting me play along!

happyglitzygirl said...

Oh my goodness! This is my very first challenge and I just fell in love with the sketch. You guys do a great job. I just hope I can work out how to do all this. It's still all spanglish to me, my apologies in advance should there be a stuff up.

Linda L said...

I LOVE decorative edged cards so thanks for a gorgeous sketch girls.

Suzanne C said...

Fun sketch. Glad I had some journal paper in that shape! :) Fabulous cards by the design team.

Amy C said...

Great sketch!! I needed to get back into my mojo and this sketch was a fantastic jump start. Thanks so much!! Fab work by the DT!!

Liz said...

Great sketch this week....as usual! :)

Rachael Burdick said...

Fun sketch, thanks!

Jemica Dabney said...

I loved this challenge-a very unique sketch. Thanks for the inspiration!